Improve your participation in freight tenders
If you want to improve the results of your participation on freight tenders and increase your chances of getting a contract, you can get in touch with us at Mexicom Logistics. We will gladly help you.
First, consider that freight tenders must be submitted during the last trimester of the year and that the results will be published until February or March of the upcoming year. The purpose of this blog post is to get you and your business ready in time for the next season.
3 things you should keep in mind when you work on freight tenders
1. Before working with freight tenders, you should optimize your processes.
Technology applied to logistics is much more common now than it was two years ago, and the same has happened with freight tenders, where all procedures and platforms are now digital. Carriers, freight forwarders, brokers, 3PL, and clients are now only one click away from each other.
You should know that freight tender’s requirements will include filling up forms, documents, and spreadsheets online. A strong digital transformation in your business should be your priority. Without it, you will not be able to send quick quotes or your freight tenders will not be powerful enough to secure new contracts. This will also happen if you make mistakes, or if your rates do not include possible changes on routes, types of equipment, fuel, salaries, etc.
The customer service area could use some continuous improvement too since it is in charge of sending quotes and keeping track of the delivery status. A happy customer will always be the best advertising for a business.
2. Precise costs and transit times will make you the best choice.
The cost forecasting that you submit in the freight tender should be accurate and should seem like a win-win situation for everyone involved. You need to always have the latest data on routes, trucks, transit times, and freight regulations in every country where your service is provided.
Improve this, and keep a strict follow-up of all your previous shipments. Then you will be able to make better choices.
3. Build a reliable business network.
You need to get to know many brokers, carriers, drivers, etc. Identify amongst them those who you can rely on and that can help you optimize your prices.
If you go to several exhibitions and fairs, then it will be easier to expand your network. Another essential aspect is the way you present yourself and your business online and on social media. Just as we said before, having a developed tech infrastructure will help you find new business opportunities.
Mexicom Logistics is a 3PL dedicated to offering reliable terrestrial freight transportation at affordable prices through North America. Find out more about our services here.
Advantages of working with a 3PL like Mexicom Logistics:
- Time and personnel administration. When you have a logistics supplier, you can focus on other things, like sales or product development.
- Cost reduction. We have better deals with suppliers, therefore, they can offer you better pricing adapted to your load’s volume and flow.
- Adaptability. They can easily adjust to changes in flow and volume of loads.
- Speed and coverage. Since you are using the supplier’s carrier network, you can enjoy faster deliveries within their territory.
- Mitigate risks. Delays can happen for several reasons. When this happens, your 3PL can adjust the route to deliver the load as soon as possible.
- International support. If you have a business in more than one country, your 3PL can take charge of procedures and paperwork needed in each one of them.
If you are a carrier…
As a 3PL, Mexicom Logistics can have more route options for you. As freight transportations specialists throughout Canada, the U.S., and Mexico, we can give you loads that can adjust to your needs and preferences.