NOTICE: A strong cold front in the US may impact Supply Chains
A cold front extends from the southern tip of Texas to the northern tip of Maine, with temperatures well below the average recorded in the eastern half of the United States.
Such weather conditions may cause delays in the transportation of goods traveling across North American borders.
- Check if windshield wipers work properly
- Make sure washer fluid is topped up
- Clear your vehicle of ice and snow
- Check the weather forecast before you leave
- Check road conditions
- Have emergency supplies with you:
- Charged cell phone
- Warm clothes
- Keep the tank full
- Turn on the lights
- Adjust your speed to road conditions
- Slow down and allow extra space between your truck and other vehicles
- Avoid sudden moves, they can cause you to lose control or jackknife.
- Avoid hard braking, quick acceleration, and abrupt gear changes, they can cause you to skid
- Stay focused on your driving and put away cell phones and other distractions