Winter driving tips
In winter, roads get wet, icy, and snowy. Follow these tips to keep yourself safe!
- Check if windshield wipers work properly
- Make sure washer fluid is topped up
- Clear your vehicle of ice and snow
- Check the weather forecast before you leave
- Check road conditions
- Have emergency supplies with you:
- Charged cell phone
- Warm clothes
- Keep the tank full
- Turn on the lights
- Adjust your speed to road conditions
- Slow down and allow extra space between your truck and other vehicles
- Avoid sudden moves, they can cause you to lose control or jackknife.
- Avoid hard braking, quick acceleration, and abrupt gear changes, they can cause you to skid
- Stay focused on your driving and put away cell phones and other distractions
Happy holidays to all carriers!
Image by ArtTower from Pixabay