What kind of goods are transported regularly on open deck trucks or flatbeds?
Given the wide variety of freight transport equipment that exists in the market, it can be difficult to select the equipment that results in the best cost-benefit ratio. To help you determine if flatbed trucks are the best option for you, we created a flatbed infographic with brief information about the type of goods they usually carry and the open deck type of trucks (flatbeds, step-decks, double-drops) and their dimensions.
Flatbed and Specialized equipment are trucks without roof and without sides. They are used to transport loads that:
- They need to be loaded by the top or side of the truck. This type of load would not be possible in the case of a closed truck, whose load must be made by the rear.
- They have dimensions greater than the space available in a closed truck. On an Flatbed Truck you can have more flexibility since they can be adapted to transport oversized equipment.
- They have a greater weight than a closed truck can carry. Some platforms can be adapted to carry heavier loads than closed trucks.
- They do not need to be transported in a closed truck and do not need to be kept at a specific temperature. For example, frozen foods require temperatures of less than zero to maintain their freshness and quality.
Examples of the type of goods that can be transported on platforms are construction materials, pipes, wood, molds, tanks, steel tanks, rods, aeroparts, machinery, bricks, and tractors, among others.
The open deck trucks have advantages of flexibility in terms of weight, dimension, and loading (Guide of types, dimensions, and weights of open deck trucks). However, they also have inherent risks to the characteristics of the vehicle, which can be easily handled if you have the service of a reliable company and expert in handling merchandise. Some of the challenges when using open deck trucks are:
- They require a trained team to perform the loading and unloading maneuvers, which are more complex than those performed in other types of equipment.
- It is necessary to secure the load adequately to avoid falls or damages.
- Not all companies have equipment available at all times, so sometimes, collection times may take several days. Only some companies, such as Mexicom Logistics, have the ability to collect with just one day notice.
Open deck trucks have advantages of flexibility in terms of weight, dimension, and loading. Hopefully it will work better for transportation.
It sure was nice to know that an open deck truck is more spacious than closed trucks because they are more flexible. My father needs to use a type of truck that can transport all the important pieces of his construction equipment. He said that he wanted to make sure that all his sets of big equipment are going to be transported by a single truck. I will share this with him.
This is an informative post about kinds of goods which is transported by OPEN DECK TRUCKS OR FLATBEDS and it is very useful and knowledgeable. I really enjoyed reading this post.
To be honest your article is informative and very helpful. After i saw your site and i read it and it help me a lot.
Thanks for share your kind information.
Thanks foare your kind information.r
Your article is great. Thanks for sharing great information. We are also provide cargo and logistics services across Canada.
Great Blog! Thanks for sharing this awesome knowledge with us.
Thank you for sharing in your post how to contact trucking transportation. I agreed when you said that a freight broker bridge the gap between truckers and shippers. My friend like to hire a trucking service for her ornamental flowers business here in Oahu, HI. she likes to have a reputable and trusted freight company so that her business won’t get into trouble.